Friday, April 12, 2024

The Ship of Theseus

I am at a place that's close to my heart
The street that I grew up on as a child
The old dust of feelings forgotten
Is raked up as memories run wild

Here is where my house it stood
I played with friends in that park
A block away was the ice cream parlor
To where we'd sneak out after dark

This corner on rainy mornings
My mother and I awaited the bus
And here was where my friends and I
Would hide to peek at my first crush

But my home or park, parlor or corner
Not one of those remains anymore
So I wonder why I call it my street
Like the Ship of Theseus in the Greek lore

Perhaps, I can't say I've lived here either 
For our cells, they renew every seven years
So if I'm not that person, this isn't my street
Why do I stand here welled up with tears?

2 comments:

  1. ప్రస్తుతమో అప్రస్తుతమో గాని సిరివెన్నెల ని గుర్తుచేశారు ఎందుకంటే

    "చిన్నారి గోరువంక కూసెను ఆ వంక నా రాక తెలిసాక వచ్చెను నా వంక. ఎన్నాళ్ళో గడిచాక ఇన్నాళ్లకు కలిసాక ఉప్పొంగిన గుండెల కేక ఎగసేను నింగి దాక.."

    మీరు చెప్పిన ఆ కన్నీళ్లు మూగగా వినిపించే గుండె కేకేమో

    ReplyDelete
  2. చాలా మంచి పాట గుర్తు చేసారు.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete