Friday, September 27, 2024

A dream

Last night I dreamt I lived a life
In the mountains someplace far away
A place where time moved so slow
I saw eternity in a single day

I was woken in the lap of the earth
By the misty whispers of the dawn
I filled my breath with the crispy air
And my soul with a sweet birdie's song

I spent my day walking the woods
On paths untouched by the guile of men
I tended to those around, in turn
They sustained me, made me one of them

At dusk, I sat by the mountainside
And watched the golden sun dim away
With it they went, the cares of my mind
For I hadn't paid heed to them all day

As the stars began to dot the sky
A quiet joy twinkled in my mind
I turned to you, and took your hand
We danced to the silence of the night

You, who knew the depths of my soul
So words unspoken were understood
You, whose company was just almost
As intoxicating as solitude

But now in the warmth of the morning sun
I watch you and the mountains melt away
I wake up from the truth of my dreams
To live a life of lies for another day
 

No comments:

Post a Comment