Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dilemma

Up in the cloud, O drop of dew
You are so clear, white, pure and true
Do I wish you rain down to earth
Wash us all and quench our thirst
But lose yourself in the mud and dirt?

O lofty ideal, high up in my mind
You are the dream that keeps me alive
Do I take you from thought to deed
To lend a meaning to the life I lead
But see you twisted by practicality?

From a pedestal up high, you always inspire
O dear mensch, whom I deeply admire
Do I wish you come down to me
So your virtues from close I get to see
But along with them, your human frailty?

October 3rd, 2009.

3 comments:

poorna said...

Nice simile. Rain mixing with mud to show practicality. Well done.

Mythili Vutukuru said...

thanks poorna!

Avi said...

Thanks for ending my wait ..with such a classic creation.....you're my role model!