Saturday, December 9, 2023

Odyssey of a Vase

An accidental brusque brush of His hand
(Or was it intentional? I do not know)
Threw me off the perch I was on
On to the hard unforgiving floor
A delicate porcelain vase that I am
I shattered into pieces four

    I am that vase...

Piece by piece, he picked me up
And put me back into a whole
With gentle love and a tender touch
That kindest heart, that noblest soul
If my edges pricked his hands
He never winced, it never showed

I have found peace...

I am back up on my old perch again
He polishes with care twice a day
The fractured veins are barely seen
I look pretty with my shiny glaze
As I am filled with colorful blooms
I gather many an adoring stare

I have found happiness...

He sings these beautiful songs sometimes
With soulful words in a lilting tune
Which help me see the wonder in things
Like the sun reflected in a drop of dew
As my heart races wild with joy
I think, "Where am I? Over the moon?"

I have found beauty...

No comments:

Post a Comment