Sunday, March 17, 2024

An autumn leaf

Start of autumn and it was time
To say goodbye to my mother tree
And make my bed in the soil and grime
And look skywards to bide my time
To the day when the earth would embrace me

As I drifted down I thought I must
Pick one of roads ahead of me
To lay down on before turning to dust
Though I wondered if it mattered much
Which I picked, if dust was all I'd be

But still, hard I thought in agony
About which of the roads for me was right
Until I felt the breeze of destiny
Lift me on its wings and carry me
To the road I was always meant to find

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I let it find me, the way to go by
And that has made all the difference

(A humble ode to one of my favorite poems - "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost)

No comments:

Post a Comment