Monday, November 20, 2023

Avatar

"My dear God", I asked Him one day
"Can you come down to earth from your pedestal
I wish to see you from up close in flesh and blood,
I wish to see you live your life and be held in thrall

"How shall I come to you" asked the dear Lord
"As a loving mother or a sweet child?"
"No", said I, "the mother I trouble with my mischief,
The child sometimes I may get angry at and chide"

"How about as your brother or a friend", he asked
"No", said I again, "not as a lover or spouse either
All these relationships are imperfect and transactional
As much as I give in love, I also expect to be the receiver"

"Please come into my life, dear God, as happiness personified
Show me how to bring to my life the balance that I lack
Be that person in my life I can always look up to with respect,
Be that person I can love without expecting to be loved back"

"This relationship I seek to have with you, it has 
No name nor label, I know not what to call it
But please come into my life this way, dear God
When you think I deserve it"


No comments:

Post a Comment