Monday, November 20, 2023

Connected

Alone on our islands, each of us, we stood
Islands that are great distances apart
We conversed all day but we barely understood
For more connection yearned my lonely heart

One day I decided to brave the raging waters
I took a few steps away from my island called Ego
I was scared I'd drown, but instead I find
The islands are connected just beneath the water's flow

Everyday now I wade through the waters 
I listen to people share their pleasures and pain 
I feel connected to everyone by an invisible thread
I feel a deep love for the world that I cannot explain

As a sit by the peaceful water today, I no longer feel
That I am alone by myself in an empty hole
Instead, I am blissful, I am at peace, knowing 
That I am a beautiful part of an infinite whole


No comments:

Post a Comment